What We Believe
The purpose of Rolling Hills Community Church of Lago Vista, Texas is to bind in love disciples of Jesus Christ, so equipping them to serve as our Lord's ministers of reconciliation, that their witness may reach out beyond their fellowship uniting human beings to each other and to God, and making the fruits of the Spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control - open to all persons. This is to be done through worship, nurture, stewardship of talents, and services. Drawing upon the rich heritage of each of the participating denominations, the members of Rolling Hills Community Church are nonetheless challenged to be open, sensitive, and responsive to new dimensions of religious commitment as revealed by God's Holy Spirit.
from Article II of the Constitution of Rolling Hills Community Church of Lago Vista, Texas
With a desire to be in close involvement with the large fellowship and mission of the Church of Jesus Christ, the Rolling Hills Community Church, a union, non-profit, Christian congregation, is related to the following Denominations:
- United Methodist Church (UMC)
- Presbyterian Church (PCUSA)
- United Church of Christ (UCC)
- Christian Church/Disciples of Christ (CCDC)
from Article III of the Constitution of Rolling Hills Community Church of Lago Vista, Texas
- Jesus Christ is the Lord of this Church. Through the Gospel and by His presence with us as the Holy Spirit, we seek His guidance and direction in faith and life.
- We recognize the Holy Scriptures as contained in both Old and New Testaments as authorized in matters of faith and life.
- We identify with the historical creeds of the Church and with the confessional statements of each of the participating denominations. Insofar as these differ, members of this congregation shall retain the liberty of conscience to search the Scriptures and prayerfully formulate their own affirmations of faith on such matters, unless by reason of a church office they hold within one of the participating denominations they are required to subscribe to a particular statement of faith.
- Baptism and Lord's Supper are the two recognized sacrements of this Church. No specific form of each will be required; rather it is expected that the traditions and practices of each of the participating denominations will be respected, and that diversity of experience will enrich rather than detract. Rites of Confirmation, Marriage, and the Service for the Dead, as practiced and understood by the participating denominations, will be an integral part of the life of the Rolling Hills Community Church.
from Article V of the Constitution of Rolling Hills Community Church of Lago Vista, Texas